Translate

Thursday, April 26, 2012

sketchbooks

As I take an art course, I obviously have a sketchbook, it's an interesting collaboration of drawings, artists and things I enjoy, and occasionally made to do.
this is a small collection of observational studies, complete with colour swatches to the true colours of what I am attempting to portray in a maybe more artistical sense, and the actual sizes of those things I am drawing.
I am not so much a fan of intricate little studies, although they're beautiful, and very much aesthetically pleasing, they are not a study of emotion or thought, which is always my main plan for artworks.


These are my maps studies, taking maps and creating art on top of it, the highest picture has the outline of my regular bus journeys, to show my own personal kinds of maps, and a rough sketch of my doc martins, something I'd probably doodle on a journey somewhere, the lowest (the one directly above) is my Tibetan prayer flags, which I have hanging around my room.
I adore map studies, I find them incredibly interesting to look at, and incredibly interesting to create.

No comments:

Post a Comment