Translate

Friday, April 27, 2012

35mm film photography.

this is my black and white, 35mm, film used in my photography lessons.
Anyone that knows me well knows I adore film photography; rather than owning a series of pixels you picked out yourself, you are suddenly the creator of a true image, it's something real that you can feel and own, something almost magical. I was using film photography in last years AS classes, and this year I've had the fortune to continue to use it. 
True 35mm film photography works by placing the film into a manual camera,  preferably a manual SLR (like my Practika MTL5, in which this blog is named after), choosing your shot, setting the aperture and shutter speed so the light meter indicates that the shot will indeed come out, and pressing the shutter release. This series of events ensures that the light will settle on the film emulsion so when it is processed it will come out negatively, creating the negative.
different films have different ways of processing, so that you can use them in the darkroom, but as an avid fan of black and white film, I can tell you it's easy to process, takes around 15-16 minutes, and 20 minutes for the film to dry, after that, you can scan each photo onto a computer, or instead choose to work in the darkroom.
There will, of course, be scans of darkroom work uploaded, but at this point in time, I don't have access to a scanner, but I do already have the scan in's of each negative, so until then, here are my photos.

























x



No comments:

Post a Comment